CLARA is a small nonprofit with big dreams about how we support Sacramento’s creative economy. We are currently hiring for the position of Rentals & Events Coordinator.
The Rentals & Events Coordinator for CLARA is the primary point of contact for all events and non-tenant classes taking place at CLARA (E. Claire Raley Studios for the Performing Arts). This position is flexibly scheduled for 20 hours per week for 48 weeks per year, although the majority of onsite time is expected to be during evenings and weekends.
The overall purpose of this position is to activate CLARA’s property through community events. This includes:
- Promoting the Auditorium at CLARA as a venue for creative events and classes
- Planning 2+ community-centered events per year on the property (not necessarily in the Auditorium) which bring community members to the space and provide a platform for community artists.
- Serving as primary point person for the lifecycle of a community rental for the auditorium:
- Responding to inquiries from prospective clients & scheduling site tours
- Generating rental contracts, collecting payments & other documents
- Updating CLARA website with listings for all scheduled events.
- Scheduling (and hiring) crew to setup stage / pipe & drape as needed
- Ensuring appropriate staffing for all rentals & events / Serving as facility attendant / house manager for all rentals unless otherwise determined. Facility attendant is the first point of contact for clients while they are on site. Duties include:
- Bringing CLARA equipment — chair racks, long tables, cocktail tables — out from storage and assisting client in setup / breakdown of same.
- Basic setup of A / V system (plugging in sound board, setting up projector and screen if needed)
- As-needed adjustments to pre-set pipe & drape / staging
- Keeping an eye on CLARA-specific supplies through the evening (ensuring bathrooms are stocked with towels / TP, garbage cans are not overflowing)
- Assisting with post-event cleanup, including taking garbage to dumpsters, basic sweep of space.
About our team: CLARA is an equal opportunity employer; we seek to create an inclusive and welcoming environment that empowers good people to do great work. We believe that learning is a lifelong journey, and we value a workplace that prioritizes collaboration, creative thinking, and mutual respect. The arts are richer, fuller and stronger when they incorporate diverse lived experiences, cultural perspectives, and points of view; we believe the same holds true for the work we do to advance the health of the arts in Sacramento. Therefore, we encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply for positions of interest.
Interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to Executive Director Megan Wygant: [email protected]. No phone calls, please.