- Event Date:
- Event Time: 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Studio: The Auditorium at CLARA
- Location: The Auditorium at CLARA: 1425 24th St (parking lot on O between 24th and 25th)
The CLARA Teaching Artist Training Series is an eight-month program designed to support artists who wish to develop their teaching skills to bring their art form into a classroom setting. The October session is the first of the series.
IN THIS SERIES…
Artists will learn the fundamental tools necessary to teach their craft in K-12 school classrooms. Workshops will address specific topics such as strengthening relationships in the classroom, establishing procedures and capturing attention, effective communication strategies in individual and group settings, lesson plan design and structure, and California visual and performing arts (VAPA) learning standards.
THESE WORKSHOPS WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH
- Strategies and tools to make arts learning in the classroom a success.
- Customizable content that can be adapted to any arts discipline and grade level.
- Facilitated collaboration among other artists that leads to new approaches to learning.
- Practice teaching hours in a live, in-person classroom
- Access to future job opportunities as a CLARA Teaching Artist
Workshops are held monthly from 1-4pm at the CLARA Auditorium and at our partner school site (location TBA).
WORKSHOP SEASON SCHEDULE
- OCT 22: THE THREE C’S – Building classroom culture with confidence, character, and charisma.
- NOV 19: FIND YOUR “WHY” – Define your purpose and maximize your impact.
- DEC 17: THE LOGIC MODEL MINDSET – Transform artistic ideas into lesson plans.
- JAN 28: SCAFFOLDING + STRUCTURE – Design and refine your curriculum.
- FEB 18: LEAD WITH CONFIDENCE – Classroom management and procedures.
- MAR 25: PROCESS VS PRODUCT – Prioritize your learning goals.
- APR 22: CONNECTION OVER COMPETITION – Ignite creative collaboration with teachers.
- MAY 27: EMBRACE THE LEARNING – Establishing norms of trust, respect, and support.