CLARA’s residency at the historic Fremont School is made possible thanks to an innovative partnership with Sacramento City Unified School District. The District has donated use of the building on a long-term lease; this allows our tenant organizations to pay drastically reduced rental and facilities costs — and the tenants pay forward their “rent” in the form of arts education programs at Sacramento City Unified School District.
In our inaugural school year, programs included
- THE GUITAR PROJECT with Sacramento Preparatory Music Academy at Albert Einstein Middle School
- SAMBA SCHOOL with Cultural Exchange of America in conjunction with SCUSD after-school programs at City of Refuge
- INTRO TO IRISH DANCE at McClatchy High School
- Students at Hollywood Park & Hubert Bancroft Elementary School were among those given free tickets to Sacramento Ballet matinee performances of The Nutcracker and Peter Pan
- And a two-week intensive summer program which introduces entering 7th grade students to 15 different types of performing arts.
Thanks to partnership support from Sacramento Region Community Foundation, the Stuart Foundation, Sacramento County, and private donors like you, we plan to double our impact next season. Stay tuned — we’ll be updating this page shortly.